Making great games is hard. Making great games that people want to throw their money at it is insanely hard. That's why I'm going to develop a series of games to test some Action RPG ideas i have in mind before continuing with Wildlands. What are some of these ideas you ask:
- Continuous experience system.
- Gesture based attacks.
- Group dynamics with warring and allied factions.
- Global economics the player can affect (pillaging caravans to make a product scarcer and force an NPC have cold turkeys, razing farms, etc).
- Complex relationships in between the NPCs and NPC-player.
- Simple politics between major factions (towns, cults, etc), including espionage, sabotage, slandering, blackmailing and other dirty practices.
- A lot of other minor ideas i'm gonna iron out later.
Here are some character and items sprites i'm going to use promptly on the first test game: